15 weeks as of Friday, and the bump is becoming undeniable. Hello in there, little nugget! (It makes me laugh to look back at the previous 2 weeks, when I only thought I had a bump.)
- I went to my first prenatal yoga class on Saturday, and it was wonderful! The sequencing was very different than I’m used to, but in such a good way. I also love that my prenatal teacher is pregnant and due around the same time as me. It makes it extra fun. 🙂
- I had some nausea again today, after being mostly free of it last week. Let’s just pretend that was a blip on the radar and I’m really done with morning sickness, mmmm-kay?
- I tried on some non-maternity clothes at Old Navy today, thinking “it’s cool, they’ll stretch.” Haha. No.
- I received some kind words about how I really will be OK if our baby doesn’t sleep—which is definitely my #1 fear. Much, much needed kind words.
- I think that being pregnant (at least for the first time?) is like the start of a roller coaster. It takes FOR-EV-ER to get up that first big hill. You know you’re going to love it once the ride really starts, but until then, you’re freaking out with the anticipation… and the knowledge that it’s too late to change your mind and get off the ride now.
- Pregnancy acne is a thing. It’s super unfair that it’s a thing, but my face doesn’t seem to care what I think about the situation.
- I filtered the heck out of the photo above. What acne?
- My brain is still operating at 50% capacity. I really have trouble putting words together into a coherent thought!
- My emotions are operating at 250% capacity. For example: I went to Whole Foods on Saturday to seek out a gluten-free birthday cake for my mom. I couldn’t find what I wanted. I calmed myself down and asked for help, but I misunderstood the employee who was trying to help me, and I thought she was being unhelpful. I wanted to cry in the middle of the dang store! So then I called Scott, hoping he could help me… he cracked a joke and I responded, “I KNOW THAT YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE PREGNANT, BUT I’M ABOUT TO HAVE A BREAKDOWN IN WHOLE FOODS AND YOUR HUMOR IS NOT APPRECIATED.” Wow. (Oh, and then? I went to look one more time and found the case the bakery employee was trying to point me toward, and found a cake. Right there. Right in front of me.)