18 weeks already? WHAT?! That is dangerously close to halfway. It’s funny how the first trimester dragged on forever, while I felt so miserable and sick, and then BAM—I feel great and time is flying. I’m becoming very aware of how short 9 months really is, and I’m loving being pregnant. I’m taking care of myself and getting more sleep, I’m enjoying it, and I just feel great.
Little boy is apparently about 5.5″ long and 5 ounces in weight by now—oh, but my uterus is already the size of a cantaloupe. That’s cool.
- Dry skin like crazy. I’ve never had dry skin before so this one is weird for me! I mostly used oil to “wash” my face now, because even gentle facial cleanser is too much for my dry, dry skin.
- COCONUT CREAM PIE. I want it. I had it twice last week. (And it has to be from Williamson Bros. BBQ, because theirs is THE BEST.)
- Thirsty! All the time! I have never been so thirsty in my life. I am thirsty like I just did hot yoga, but without the actual hot yoga.
- We were given more sweet hand-me-downs this week, including a glider that I’m super excited about. I can’t wait to sit in that glider and rock my sweet boy… plus it’s really comfortable. For now, I’m trying to rock in it so little boy can get used to the motion.
- I had to get new bras. Again. For the record: I am only 4 months pregnant, and I’ve already gone up 2 cup sizes! This is terrifying.
- Have I mentioned the congestion and bloody nose combo? Officially “rhinitis of pregnancy.” It has been non-stop since the first month. I finally have it under control by using a saltwater sinus rinse, twice, every day. (Scott thinks it’s freaky.) (It’s kind of freaky.)
- Still walking several times a week, plus prenatal yoga twice a week. This is a winning combo, for sure.
- I ordered copper-colored star decals for the walls in the baby’s room! SO exciting.