This week has been all about adjusting to the idea that we’re having a BOY. It shouldn’t have been such a surprise, but it sure was for us! I’m so glad we found out early. Going to prenatal yoga on Thursday night (so, 2 days after we found out) really helped me feel re-connected with the baby. Now I’m super excited! This little boy is going to be so awesome.
I was reading a childbirth book on Saturday afternoon, and I kept crying… I’m just so excited that in 5 months, I’ll get to give birth to a baby boy. I love him so much already that I think my heart is going to explode. If I love him this much without even meeting him, how is my heart going to make room for how I’ll feel when I get to hold him the first time? It’s magic.
I got to feel the little boy move a lot over the weekend, which is such a wonderful and connecting feeling. Scott even got to feel him on Saturday night! That was pretty much the best thing ever.
Ramblings + Observations
- I crave crunchy foods all the time. CRUNCHY CRUNCHY CRUNCHY. That’s not a usual craving for me! Tortilla chips, lots of celery in my egg salad, crunchy roasted coconut flakes in my yogurt. Extra-toasty toast. Crisp apple with crunchy peanut butter.
- I’m also just wanting a lot more food. My appetite is back in full force! I noticed when I ate lunch the other day, that I thought, “I just fed the baby some lunch,” instead of thinking of it as feeding myself.
- In addition to being super hungry, I’m also super THIRSTY. (And it goes without saying, but I always have to pee. Stop sitting on my bladder, kid!)
- I have SOOOO much more energy, but my body can’t really keep up with the amount of energy I have. I have to make myself stop to rest frequently, and I have to plan out my tasks so I can get the important things done. I especially have to be careful about things that involve bending over or squatting down, cuz it wears me out!
- I picked out all the fabrics for baby boy’s quilt on Saturday, and I’m just over the moon about it. Speaking of which, it’s a moon and stars them for the quilt, with aquas and dark blues. I’m planning to cut the fabric into triangles. So exciting!!!
- Even though I’m worn out, I’m having trouble sleeping. I can’t get comfortable and I can’t stay comfortable. Saturday night/ Sunday morning, I woke up at 4 am! I finally got out of bed at 4:30, and made a snack (crunchy toast, duh), and went back to bed at 5:30. It took me another half hour to fall asleep. What is this shit, y’all?! (So I bought a body pillow, and hopefully that’s going to help.)
- I had coffee on Saturday… like true, caffeinated iced coffee. I’m not 100% caffeine free, but I only have 1 cup of tea, or an occasional half-caff coffee. I thought I was going to buzz straight out of my skin! And little boy was going crazy in there too. I felt terrible about it and definitely won’t be doing it again—even though I’ve read multiple times that it’s perfectly ok to have 1 cup of coffee a day. No more for this mama! I’m even going to wean off the tea. We went for a long, 2+ mile walk on Saturday afternoon to work all that caffeine out.
- Just like last week, I’m trying to get in a walk most days of the week. On weeknights, Scott goes with me. I love it 🙂
- Scott visited a daycare/preschool open house on Saturday to get information. When I read the packet he brought home, I cried.
- Heart burn is obnoxious, but as long as I take Pepcid every day, I’m fine.
PS, Hamlet wanted to be in the pictures too.