Yikes, I’ve gotten behind on posting! We still have a picture from each week though.
I continue to feel fantastic—just as long as I remember to take my antacid every morning. I get to feel this little boy move in my belly multiple times throughout the day, and I absolutely love it. I guess what I’m saying is that things are really good🙂 I have always thought that pregnancy would be magical and I would really enjoy it, but I remember that 3 solid months at the start where I was super disappointed to find that pregnancy was sucking. I’m so so glad to have turned the corner into the fun part, and I’m enjoying it!
We had the 20 week ultrasound last Wednesday (May 7), and it was wonderful. We could see the baby moving all over on the screen! I realized that we were seeing him move his arms and legs, but I couldn’t feel him moving—so when I do feel him moving, he must be doing somersaults and backflips and sun salutations. Here he is performing uttanasana… don’t you wish your hamstrings were that flexible?
Everything looked good on the ultrasound. At the 20 week, they do a detailed anatomy scan, looking at things like the 4 chambers of the heart, and the brain, and the placenta and umbilical cord—so it was really nice to hear that everything looks good. Little boy wouldn’t cooperate 100% so there were some details we couldn’t see. No big deal, it just means we get another ultrasound at 24 weeks, YAY. I can’t wait to see him again. I fall more in love every time. (I cry every time too.)
The ultrasound tech estimated his weight at 14 oz at the time of the ultrasound—almost a full pound! Never mind that I’ve gained about 10😉
Observations + Notes:
- I feel the little boy move several times throughout the day, usually in bursts. I guess it wears him out and then he rests for a while! I feel him move more frequently if I’m sitting in a way that cramps his space, or if my clothes or the seatbelt in the car are restricting his space.
- I am craving SPICY and SOUR foods. We went through a whole jar of jalapeños last week. And last night, I ate a sandwich of pickles and pimiento cheese. So delicious to me right now. (So hilarious if you know how much I *hated* pickles until a year or 2 ago.)
- On Mother’s Day, I went on a garden tour with my mom. We ended up visiting more public restrooms than gardens, haha, but it was still fun! I kept thinking about how different Mother’s Day will be next year.❤
- Every week that goes by, I get more excited about the thought of birthing this little boy and bringing him into the world. I can hardly imagine what it will be like to hold him for the first time, feed him for the first time, bring him home for the first time… but I love trying to imagine it. It’s getting real. Just 4 more months.
- I love that I’m showing enough now that people feel comfortable talking about babies with me. So far, I haven’t had anyone overstep their bounds at all. People are just so kind and excited for us, and full of stories about their own experiences. My favorite question to ask people is how many kids they have, and how they feel about the sibling relationship. Being an only child myself, I love to hear other folks’ perspective.